HOW DOES IT WORK?
Wareham Boat Hire Ltd offers Paddle-Power Start & Paddle Power Passport.
A recognised BCU Certificate designed for children and beginners and awarded by our coach.
Paddle Power Start
Entry level award suitable for taster sessions or as part of a series of sessions.
Paddle Power Start – A 2 Hour Course.
Perfect for the beginner or for those looking to build on the fundamentals of paddle sports.
Available throughout the year to all age groups. (min 2 persons / subject to availability)
Formal BCU Certificate provided on completion of the award – £30 pp
Paddle POwer Passport
Four progressive levels based on 24 topics which can be grouped into Safety Awareness, Paddling Skills, Varied Experiences, and Supporting Knowledge – Equivalent to BCU 1 Star.
A Canoe England Scheme.
Paddle-power is an exciting scheme that has been designed to meet the needs of young people. It’s colourful and youth centred approach aims to:
– Encourage more young people to come into and stay in the sport.
– Provide progression and reward achievement in a wide range of topics
– Show them all aspects of the sport – both competitive and adventurous
– Provide signposts into Clubs where their skills and development can be nurtured
– Provide a flexible structure for delivery according to venue/situation.